Friday, September 28, 2012

Kawaii Pocket Pigs!

You may have noticed from previous blogs that Kawaii Pocket Pig has been in the making for some time. Well, get ready for an overload of cuteness, because they're here.
(。◕‿‿◕。)

 
 


Pocket Pig has, as you might expect, a pocket in his/her back, just like a piggy bank. When I was little, I had a polar teddy bear with a hidden pocket under her arm. Don't ask me to explain why, but I found it delightful to hide my plastic bracelets and boardwalk tokens with her. There's just something about having a secret place to store treasures that makes childhood more exciting.
And so Pocket Pig was conceived.


The treasures!
I've recently discovered that these little piglets are extremely sociable. They'll strike up an enthusiastic conversation with any of your other plushies, pets, roommates, or anyone else who wanders by. In fact (and I think this is adorable), 1st Pig could not wait for his sibling to be completely stitched together. Unfortunately, I couldn't finish 2nd Pig last night, but promised I'd complete him/her in the morning.
This morning, when I opened the studio door, I saw a cheerful 1st Pig talking excitedly to their not-yet-born sibling:

They do the cutest things. <3

(Available on Etsy)

No comments:

Post a Comment