Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sewing Machine Repairs

Sorry for the delay; the sewing machine was broken.

A bit of backstory:
I bought my current machine about nine or ten months ago, used, from someone on Craigslist. It was very inexpensive, but it was exactly what I wanted--an older model Singer (most modern machines, even the Singer brand, are cheap pieces of plastic, and definitely wouldn't stand up to the constant usage I'd put them through).

I've been quite satisfied with it so far, having very few problems...

Until now.

One of the gears, which I later learned had already been on its last leg, died completely, leaving me totally stuck. I'd never had to have  sewing machine repaired before (it was too challenging of a repair for me to attempt on my own with a show less than three weeks away). So I googled, and found a shop.

Thankfully, the repair person was sympathetic, and fixed it very quickly. So now it's back home where it belongs. :)

Kawaii Pocket Pig welcomes back his mother sewing machine.

While the machine was still at the shop, I used the spare time to cut out about a billion more frog bodies (well, at least another 18).

Mountains of frog pieces! Mountains!




Expect an owl update on Friday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment